Package deals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by valley boy, Jan 8, 2006.

1. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

How many of your customers go for a ( package deal )
    Weekly cut , 3 fertilizer applications , Power rack , etc.

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

not sure I understand the question.

but I offer basic service then a bunch of different add-ons. I give a deal (5-7% discount) if they take all the services. Fert, mulch, irrigation, weed control, pruning on top of the basic package.

I get lots of people who take that, but they were looking for more than basic when they called.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

about 1/2 on the average

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew someone would say this...

so how do you generate your cost savings should the client purchase additional services? The way I see it, you will generate few economies and therefore cost yourself money.

If they want the additional services, they will purchase them if they are discounted or not. Why give away 5-7% gross?

5. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

No discounts on services! The only discounts I offer are for prepayment of the entire season prior to March 01. ..... and oh boy...do I enjoy those prepayments.

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

About 80% of my customers are year-round accounts. Scheduled cuts, fertilizing, aerating, etc. I'm curious though, what do you mean by a "power rack"?

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I disagree, a lot of customers are not even thinking about mulch, spring or fall clean ups etc. when looking to get their lawn cut. I think its a great upselling opportunity. Anyone can give a 5-7% discount and make it look good on paper. Its just like buying a new car they offer you discounts and it all sounds good but they can easily hide it then make it up at the bottom line.

8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

The concept works just fine, because I price that in the discount. I price that into the mowing and each component as well.

9. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I think power rake, might mean power rake, IF NOT IM CURIOUS TO?

10. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

What I meant was out of say 100 customers how many just want lawn cut and nothing else.???? 10 % ??? How many are interestd in package containing fertilizer dethatch etc ???