Package deals.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Feb 22, 2002.

1. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many of you have package deals for you customers. Are they different for commercial vs. residential? what do you offer. What are some of your better deals that have really taken well. i woudl like to offer a good package deal and not sure exactly what do and when.

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually do two pre-m apps and three fertilizer apps for a year-round contract. At one that would have been about $150-175 per month, maybe, I do it for $200 per month. It really depends on the property as to what I offer, but it's usually 2 pre-m's and 3 ferts. Hope that helps.

3. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

There are many packages you can put together. Just remember to not get in over you're head. Don't take on too much too fast and don't forget about the buisness side of your buisness. On my agreements I offer year round lawn maintenance which includes mow, edge, blow and/or keeping all beds weed free, trim, prune, or shape all hedges, shrubs and trees, turf control plans, and roof/gutter cleaning. All of this can be included in one monthly price. I live in Houston so I base it on 42 visits per year. Good luck.

4. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

we have thre basic plans.

A plan: monthly customer including all mowing, bed edging, trimming bushes twice a year, bed maintenance, and spring and fall leaf cleanup.

B plan: monthly customer, including mowing, and spring and fall leaf cleanup.

C plan: per cut customer, with leaf cleanup, and any other jobs charged by the hour.

most customers on the B plan tend to do their own bushtrimming and weeding. i guess it gives them something to do in thier spare time.

fertilizing is separate from mowing, and customers have to sign 2 agreements each year. one for their mowing, and one for ferilization. we do this because not all mowing customers have fertilizing services, and not all fertilizing customers have mowing services.

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We ONLY do packages. I never do just Mow, Blow, Go anymore. I figured out a long time ago that (at least in my area) the people who just want Mow, Blow and Go are not really the kinds of clients who stick around long and are more concerned about price than anything.

Our Standard Package takes care of everything the lawn needs (mowing, edging, fertilizing monthly, in-lawn weed control, etc....) but everything outside the lawn is extra or maintained by the homeowner.

Our Full Service Program takes care of basically everything the landscape would ever need except large tree pruning, aerating, and mulching.

And I must say, since we broke it into these two catagories 70% of new clients choose the Full Service, which is nice because the labor isn't that much more but the difference in money, year -round, is pretty significant.