Packing on the pounds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Boy this winter is going to cause me to break the scale. 10 pounds in 7 weeks. Time to stop eating out and watch the portions. The old tread mill is going to get some use for the rest of the winter. Luckily I can lose wight pretty quick. I got thinking about it and since I've gotten out of the army back in 97 I've put on about 55 pounds. Ouch. The one good thing is that at 210 lbs I can carry it pretty well. Anyone else gaining the weight this winter?:weightlifter:
  2. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

what is that,a trick ? im getting fatter just typing this. this no snow is killin me,im ready to start cutin.
  3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I stay around 220-230 all year I work out more during the winter months and that keeps me in shape during the slow months. Weight training 3-4 days a week does the trick for me
  4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I've put on 12lbs since the beginning of December only it's because I have been hitting the gym as often as I can.:weightlifter:
  5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Always have taken a 12 to 15 pound swing in weight from the time i quit in fall till i start again the last of march The holiday feasts come at a bad time for us scapers.
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i thought i was the only one!!!!!!!!!! 11 pounds since December lol I need Spring!!!!!!
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I tend to have a 15 pound upswing in the winter time. I started working out early this season though because I want to stay the same weight but add it as muscle. I tend to have a positive weight upswing in the winter every winter though.
  8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Ive actually stayed pretty even this winter. But Ive also been working on renovating a house I bought so Im not sitting around. Ive been around 215 for a year and a half now. Lightest in that time has been 200 and heaviest is 220. Id like to get down to about 195 though and stay there. BTW I'm 6'3 so I think 195 is pretty ideal for my height.
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

2.5 weeks vacation and no excercise I landed me 15 extra pounds. 1 week later I have lost 9 and going to get below 200 before spring work really begins. only 13 more pounds to go.
  10. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

yeh ive gained about 15 pounds, kinda depressing, but it should melt off pretty fast come march. hopefully by april ill be back in the 34's.