page 17, line 6 of my new, revised contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 9, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

help me with the wording here. the point i need to make, is that my records, will be accepted by both parties as accurate and true. page 17, line six will read:" completed services are documented, by us, at time of service, before leaving your property. our service records are error proof. customer agrees to honor our service records as true and accurate documentation of services rendered." as we expand, and during drought conditions, i'm getting more and more of, "you weren't here last week, " etc, etc. i can't deal with this crap. i've yet to take a loss on it, but i want it in my contract, incase it needs to go to court. opinions

2. ajlandscaping

ajlandscaping LawnSite Member

17 pages why so long and how many things do you need covered to take up 17 pages so far

3. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

17 Pages. Wow, Bobby it seems like you are covering all your bases 10x over.

I bet your probably not even using a very large font. From the stories that you tell, you seem to have customers that are looking every which way to screw you over if they can.

If you keep tweaking the contract, I don't see how you could ever lose in court.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, and I thought my contract was long. ;)

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby you posted you contract once before and it was only 1 or 2 pages.

I sure would like to see your shrinks report on you to find out why you constantly make up stories (lie). Low self-esteem, need attention since you didn't get enough as a child,etc.

Can you give us a hint.

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

i'll give you one hint- it's wooden, and long, with metal on the end. i was looking for wording on this issue. apparently you are a back of the bus butt kissing non contract using business on a handshake getting smacked around lawnboy.

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

take out "our service records are error proof"

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

sir, it reads, "our service RECORDS are error proof."

9. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

No way, no how, I have customers who own million dollar homes and I have customers who own homes in the high 200's and I can tell you not one of them would even read such a book. Please post useful info, I would go out on a limb and say you you are the only one with such lengthy contracts. My last install was worth more than a yearly lawn maintenance contract and I can tell you the contract was two-three pages long not including amendment and signature page. Maybe you should consult a lawyer and get a real contract, I guarantee it won't be two pages, not for lawn care.

David
    O'Donnell Landscape Design

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

how can you adress issues such as - weather-heat/drought/rain. scheduling. cutting heights. bagging/mulching/discharging. outside contractors working on the property (roofers, etc). make up cuts. double /tripple cutting. extra services. payment policies. collection policies. penalties, etc, etc, etc in less than 2 pages?