page #5 on my new contracts....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 16, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"we will be happy to provide fertilizer and chemical aplications for you. if you choose to use an outside fert company for your aplications, or apply your own, THEY/YOU, MUST WORK AROUND OUR SCHEDULE. for health and safety reasons, we will not mow your lawn within 2 days of a fert/chemical aplication, aplication must be watered in before we mow, and at least 2 days prior to our arrival. should we arrive on your mowing day, to find an aplication has been done, we will not mow on that day. you will be billed full price for this visit, mowing will resume on your regular day, the following week." opinions please. even dumb ones. thank you

2. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

What if they apply a fert that is high in nitrogen and the lawn grows 6" a week? Do you have anything in your contract about overfertilizing? I'm not critisizing just wondering about dealing with growth.

3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

ink it is a good idea and customers will understand. Just make sure it is written well and that the customers are well aware of it. If they don't read the contract, they are going to be pretty upset when you charge them full price for nothing. I know it's in the contract, but you should still make it very clear to them. Alot of people are too lazy to read it or don't care and won't hesitate to fire you when they feel like they are being taken advantage of, even if it is stated clearly in writing. By the way, do contracts have to be notarized in order to be legal? If so, doesn't the notary person have to witness the contract being signed? Good luck with the contracts!

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

that would call for a price adjustment. it would fall under " other". i've done that in fact on 2 properties. one guy went from $30-$35, another went from $30-$40.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

i've been using contracts for years. they are not notorized. i never lost a day in court

6. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

If you don't mind can you email me a copy of your contract? I would like to see what's in your contract to help me make some for my company.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. I want to see the latest copy. PM please thanks.