PAINFUL LESSON PART "2"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nilsson Associates, Mar 9, 2000.

1. MJM Landscaping Inc

MJM Landscaping Inc LawnSite Member

Bill explain this to me. You dont think the guy working under the table (not paying taxes) and probally without insurance is not a lowballer just because he does good work? If thats what your saying i would have to disagree but thats ok. I might not have explained myself properly before, i hope i didnt sound like i was whining :(. I personally dont care about the lowballer except for the image it may portray upon the industry as a whole. If a customer wants a lowballer then fine, doesnt really bother me. There will always be customers who worry about price only and those about quality only. I want the quality oriented.<br>Have a nice weekend!!<br>Mark A Musolf

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

MJM what Im trying to say is those types of operators will always be out there, lawn care co-op or whatever wont make a difference, the under the tabler guys are there and will always be there so we just have to deal with it is all.<p>Bill

3. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

thank you mjm i dont consider myself a low baller either and i know what you are saying about over head to be honest with you my profit margin is a little over 100% that is without actually &quot;paying&quot; myself right now i use everything extra for my personal bills and and a savings acct for new equipment, everyone and i mean everyone who has ever posted on this site has helped me in some way, so i thank you all<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

4. MJM Landscaping Inc

MJM Landscaping Inc LawnSite Member

Bill I agree 100%!<br>Mark A Musolf<br>

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Some solutions for the right people:<p>http://www.jims.com.au/html/jim_s_mowing.html<br>http://www.uslawns.com/<p>There may be others, you get the idea.<p>Bill