Painfull Fall Cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iclgs, Feb 11, 2003.

1. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a cheap way to make fall cleanups more effcient and quicker?? I use 2 blowers anda few rakes!!

Any ideas???

Aza
    Groundskeepers, Inc.:blob2:

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

A bagging system on your mowers. I also suggest wear gloves when using the rakes or you will get blisters. If you are not using backpack blowers the switch to them right away they are a real labor saver.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

YESssss...get rid of those rakes! when you are raking you aren't making any money!

GEO

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would look into any machine that will get you away from the rakes. Little Wonder blowers, grass catchers, leaf boxes etc.

Gravely_Man

5. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Back pack blowers,
    mowers with double blades and bag systems, tarps .:)

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

A 10 hp walk behind blower, a back pack blower, and a leaf loader sucking the leaves into a dump truck or dump trailer. Also a hard working laborer that can keep moving while you are dumping the truck.

7. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

No rakes....just blowers and a leafvac on the dump truck

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't have the $$ to go out & buy blowers rite away you could always rake the leaves onto a tarp and then drag the tarp to your dumping area. Thats how we started out...stick with it...it'll all pay off over time.

Now we use a Buffalo Turbine Blower. The only thing that could move more leaves than that machine would have to be an actual tornado from Mother Nature.
    www.buffaloturbine.com

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

RAKE???

I thought 4 letter words weren't allowed here...LOL. I haven't picked up a leaf rake in years!!!

10. Ricks Z28

Ricks Z28 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I can't believe all the people that still pick up leaves in the fall. All I do is blow out the beds with my Stihl BR 400 and grind EM up with my 27 LQ eXmark 72" and it looks as good as picking them up.