1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Paint Code

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by goombie123, Apr 3, 2006.

1. goombie123

goombie123 LawnSite Member

Hello All,
    I am loving my new Hustler machine. I have a question for you. I am fabricating a wagon to be pulled behind the mower. Can anybody tell me the paint code for the yellow "fast trak" mower. Also are there decals available?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I don't have a paint code, but I know John Deere industrial yellow is almost identical.
    As far as decals go, you can buy any decal for any Hustler mower you want.
    Take a look at your Hustler dealer and then he can look up the part #'s and order them for you.

3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

>>.. industrial yellow, generally Pantone 130, which more or less matches the yellow stripes and “no passing” signs along the nation’s highways.>>

Found that on a site.
  4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I got a can of Hustler's yellow from my dealer. Hustler must make it available. Maybe it's not a cost effective solution though. Not sure.

5. goombie123

goombie123 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help.
    You're right Jetski, i found a spray can of Hustler's Yellow Paint at my dealers. It was about $12.00 bucks a can but its the exact color. They don't have any pints/gallons available, but i think if i run this over primer i should be in good shape. Once again thanks for everything
  6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Lets see some pics when your done!
  7. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

I went to my local auto body paint store with a belt cover of my Hustler and asked them to mix me up a bottle of touch up paint to match. They had this hand held device they put over the paint and it identifies the color, they then hooked it up to a computer and it tells them exactly how to mix it. The color was identified to be John Deere yellow. The counterperson mixed it, held it up to the sun to see if it matched and then darkened it just a little for a perfect match. The touch-up bottle with brush was $8.00.