Paint for scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Mar 11, 2007.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i need to re-paint some parts of the deck ans such on my scag. What type of paint and do i need a primer. What color piant is the closest to the scag'd original color or can you buy paint from the factory. Thanks in advance, LawnInOrder

2. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

IM pretty sure i've seen the paint at my dealer for the scags they had spray cans and quarts of it.

3. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if this helps, but my dealer carries touch up paint from scag. Its called *scags gold*.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They sell Scag paint in spray cans.

5. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 LawnSite Member

Think its Cats Eye gold. But you can buy it at most dealers in spray cans. Then all you need it a good primer. self etching if your priming bare metal.

6. LawnInOrder

thnaks guys, i wasn;t sure if dealer's sold paint for the scag. I am going tommorrow to my dealer to see what he has. Thansk again, LawnInOrder

7. LawnInOrder

my dealer doesn;t have any. Does anyone on long island know of a dealer that does. Thanks

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

9. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

I think that paint on ebay is from walmart and i doubt it is a perfect match. Depending on how old the scags are they maybe hard to match even with scag paint because of sun fading/bleaching. They have few different shades of orange "tractor" paint at the tractor supply company they sell them in spray, quarts and gallons. You could probobly come pretty close, but I would probobly paint the whole mower so it looks like new.

10. LawnInOrder

yea thats what i am going to do, paint the whole mahince. I guess i will have to find a dealer that has teh paint..thnaks for the replies.LawnInOrder