Paint it on

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by abcfamily, Mar 15, 2012.

1. abcfamily

abcfamily LawnSite Member

O.k. so I am tired of waiting for a calm day to spray around my mulch beds. And I have a paint stick that I haven't used in years, so I got to thinking why not just load it up with some round up and roll it on the weeds.
    Only problem is I tried just using water (as a trial to see if it would leak) and it is to thin and wants to drip as I walk between the beds. Now I could carry it around in a bucket but that would be a pain.
    This brings me to my question. What can I add to it to thicken it up enough not to want to drip? Thanks for your suggestions.

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Pay it by the hour. Guaranteed to slow down.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

corn starch

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

RoundUp as a paint on application may be kept as concentrated as 1 part RoundUp to 3 parts water. I use a 4 oz bottle sold for applying grout sealants. It is a squeeze bottle with a small bristle brush at the top. It does not take much touched to a weed and it is way safer than a sprayer to desirable shrubs.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I suspect this is a similar bottle to the one that come with a Permagreen but has a TeeJet nozzle in it...I use the PG bottle with my mower to blast weeds as I see them and have been looking for a lower cost alternative.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

8. abcfamily

abcfamily LawnSite Member