Paint the lawn for winter??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RB, Nov 22, 2001.

1. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I do landscaping for a of a couple of premier hotels in downtown Pittsburgh. They both have small lawn areas (approx. 2,500 sq ft.). I was thinking about painting them with Lesco lawn paint.

Did anyone ever use this stuff?? If yes, will it stain the walkways next to the lawn area? Is it easy to get a consistant color? Will it last? If I paint it in Dec. what will it look like in Feb (no foot traffic on these areas)?

Any input will be helpful. Thanx.

Ron

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

This used to be a common practice in transitional zones before overseeding (with different kind of grass) became popular.

(I know this doesn't answer your question, just giving you some background)

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

RB

I have done this for a real estate open house and it lasted for quite a while. I posted this a week or so ago in a fert stripping form and no one replied to this. I think it is a way to offer winter green in your area. Speaking of your area I was born and raised in Bethel. Good Luck

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ron

Consistant color no problem never got it on cemet but it more than likly stains Should be good until spring.

5. Go for it!!!! Just don't kill it.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you're getting it from Lesco, just ask them. They'll be able to tell you more than any of US could probably...:)
    That's the beauty of that place, is the knowlegable help they have.

7. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

We have used it, nice to see green all winter long:) , don't get it on the concrete!!! Keep it away from buildings and wear rubber boots when putting it on or you will be a real Green Feet.
    Pick a nice calm day!!

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Take some pics if you end up using it, I'm curious to see what it looks like.

9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Does anyone have any photos of a lawn with this applied?