1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Painted the fall leaf box

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Sep 13, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, today I put the first coat of paint on the fall leaf box. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday I will finish up with painting it. Also I have already ordered and received my gators from J-Thomas.

Anybody else ready for fall yet and getting stuff around?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We still have too much grass to cut to think bout the Fall yet...but thanks for reminding me :sleeping:
    fcl01 likes this.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you mean, but I didn't want to be doing last minute stuff like I did last year. I learned my lesson.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm working on buying a dump trailer for leaf season. Sure would make life nice this year. I'm almost ready for leaves. It would be a nice change of pace right now.
  5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

LOL, I've said that every year, and every year I am setting up everything last minute!
  6. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

love the leaves, Money falling from the trees, can't wait to were sweat shirts, best time of the year. Today I just took my BILLY GOAT out of storage and fired it up.
  7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'm with Hollywood, sweatshirt weather is the best!!!! I'm ready to go, box is in the shop and blowers are ready and the Little Wonder loader can't wait to chop some leaves!!!!!
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I was smart enough about 4 years ago to dump all my accounts with trees. Now I just charge my wide open commercial accounts a "fall clean-up". Usually can fit a "Wal-Mart" sized account in my Trac-Vac 880, and don't even have to worry about dumping. :)

Just drive around sucking up nothing, blowing money into my wallet.
  9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I can't beleive how hast the leaves are falling............. Back in the 80's this week :angry: can't wait for fall temps!!!
  10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We have things ready to go even had the loader and the box on a couple of weeks ago cleaning up some sawdust after a cattle show. Going to an auction this saturday and they have a pull behind loader I might get if the price is right. Still thinking about some type of loader and bin to mount on my Steiner yet. We have a Walker but want something a little faster to get the leaves to the loader. Both dump trucks are ready to go other than putting the licence on the back up truck, just takes a phone call. The leaves are falling quickly around here but it'll be a few weeks yet before the calls start coming in. We're not sure yet if we are going to advertise, it's been a real busy year and we could use a slower pace.