Painting grass!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JFGauvreau, Aug 11, 2010.

1. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

2. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

You are wrong on each assumption there. I didn't click your link, but green lawnger is safe, lasts 13-14 weeks and doesn't mess up anything..other than the spray tank nozzles or concrete that it gets on, which is why I don't use it.

3. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

How is it supposed to last 13-14 weeks? They just paint the existing grass, so if you cut your lawn after that.. then it grows back?

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you would use in times of dormancy when you are not cutting it such that the lawn stays green and looks purty.

when i worked for disney we painted turf all the time. the show must go on. plus painted turf always looked more vibrant on TV..

but yes the grass will grow out of the paint eventually as you cut it...

heck if you are going to spend that much to paint it you might as well over seed with some rye...

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Painting is also good for homes that are for sale.

I've done two for open houses in the middle of the summer when the lawn was golden brown.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Lets revive this thread...anyone try the lesco stuff? Backpack or skid?

7. socallawndude

socallawndude LawnSite Member

Never tried Lesco, or anything for that matter but am looking for all the info I can get on this for the dormant season. I plan on using a backpack for many reasons, but chief among them being the average size of yards around me is fairly small and I'm used to backpack anyhow

8. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

the lesco paint works well....its pretty amazing actually....great for dormant or drought lawns....takes a little practice to learn how best to use it...its keeping my guys working though...otherwise we would be hurting right now as florida was hit hard this winter with cold temps....:usflag:

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Just to update this thread...lawn paints do not work well in a skid sprayer....the skid can handle them, it just doesn't cover as much area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. HobieDude

HobieDude LawnSite Member
    from 7b

We're going to try to paint a baseball infield with the Green Lawnger product soon. Has anybody used an Earthway 6 gallon push spayer to apply paint or would we be better off using back pack sprayers?