Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by David Shaw, Jan 21, 2003.

1. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

This is my first feeble attempt with paintshop pro to make a logo. Comments and ideas would be appreciated. Dave
  2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

am i missing something??????

post again
  3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Where's the logo, Dave?

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

First, Feeble attempt. Failed. Try again.
  5. David Shaw

You know what guys right about now I'm kinda sick of this computer and my isp. I've had a heck of a time getting this posted. Like I said this is just the beginnings of a logo. Any and all advice, ideas etc. are appreciated. So here goes this is I think the fifth try to get this posted. Dave

6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO Looks nice on paper, looks nice on the computer, but in the real world? Will that fit on a letterhead? Will it fit on the side of the truck? On your uniforms? Will anyone be able to read that font from 10-15 feet away from your truck or hat or shirt? Probably not, its a difficult font to read, and gets more difficult the further away you get from it. It is a nice font, just difficult to read from afar, and you want your potential clients to know that name of that company doing that wonderful work down the street. Read the other "LOGO help" thread going right now also. Good luck & have fun designing.
  7. turfmarketing

turfmarketing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Love the name. It creates a strong visual in the mind and is likely to be remembered. The logo should include a "picket fence" image and you may want to experiment with various typeface options.
  8. David Shaw

Thanks guys. I don't know why this looks so big on the post. It sure dosen't print out anywhere near that big. Don't think I'ld put all of that on a hat. Probably just the name. I have a jpeg of a p.fence I just haven't figured out how to incorporate it with out it looking like it was added on. Again any suggestions? I am going to try and attach another file. It'll probably be obvious what I did, but it does give an idea of what a fence would like on there. Dave

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

IMHO. I would leave out the services and phone # and put on the tail gate or something. Extend the pickett fence the same width as the turf and, take a little off the top of the fence, seems a little high to me.
  10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

put the fence behind the grass to lower it