1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by David Shaw, Jan 21, 2003.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I like it, no criticism intended but I would make the phone number a little bigger.

Very nice work.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I really like the font. I see what you tried to do with the fence, run it with the contour of you fonts, but your slats are crooked and different heights. Keep playing with it....looks like you are on the right track.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I personally don't like the font. Plus it gets distorted a little as it is curved. Check out the 2 capital "L" letters. They look different due to the contour. If you compare some of the other letters, "a", in differnet areas of the contour they don't stay the same as well.

And the picket fence should be behind the grass.
  4. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

I see what you mean about the font I hadn't noticed that befor, still I like it. I would love to extend the fence and contour it to the font. I just don't know how to contour it yet. Hopefully I'll get some time to play with it tommorrow. Thanks Dave:D
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Either drop the word "the" at the beginning Pickett fence landscaping & lawn care, or add the word "company" at the end:
    The Pickett Fence Landscaping & Lawn Care Company.

Either way - it is a mouthful, but we can get the visual.

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Try playing with the grass looking more "cut", right now the grass looks rough and overgrown.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

What about the top contoured saying "Pickett Fence" then at the bottom contoured the opposite direction "Lawn & Landscape"??

8. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

Well here's the latest. As you can see I changed the font on the phone # thought it might be better. I like having the services on there. Kinda lets people know what you do imo. I agree the grass is kinda rough. Is it any better now ya think? Not sure that I'm fully satisfied yet but it is better than bfore I think. Thanks Dave