1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Palm OS / Windows mobile with Pocket Quicken??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LwnmwrMan22, Feb 28, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone running a cell phone with Windows Mobile or Palm OS with Pocket Quicken???

Or another type of finance program that syncs up with your computer at home??

I'm looking for a way to enter purchases as they're done, and then sync it up at home...

Just looking for some response.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking for the same functionality. I hope you get some input. My research turns up nothing on how to do this, but I share your interest, both on the income and expense side.
  3. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

I'm also looking into this. The tech guy that i use is supposed to give me some info hopefully this week. I'll share what I find
  4. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been trying to find some info to no avail. I am looking for a mobile Quickbooks that runs on a symbian OS
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like we are all looking for the same thing. I don't even need a "running" copy of QB, but just an front-end that will accept input, to be synched for download to full QB later.
  6. LwnmwrMan22

I can't find a whole lot of info either, so I'm the guinea pig.

I just went out and bought myself the Verizon's version of the Samsung SCH-i760.

If you go to Handango.com, the website that sells most of the programs downloadable to your PDAphones, it's got a program called Pocket Quicken, OR you can just go to Quicken's website, they have the same thing.

Supposedly you can run it as a stand alone program, or one that will sync with a desktop / laptop computer.

This phone is also wi-fi capatible, so you could use it with a router.

Also, you can tether it to a laptop, and use it as a dsl modem.

OR, you can just use the unlimited data on the phone, and have total access to the internet, like I'm doing.

Now I just have to get Quicken and the pocket version. Right now I run Peachtree for my accounting, but have been looking at changing for quite some time.

If no one else replies, once I get it all set up, I'll post back.

It'd be nice to just enter the purchases right in the truck when you're done, and throw the receipts in the box when you get home, rather than do it when you're done taking a shower, eating, playing with the kids...

I used to carry a laptop with to do this, but I was always nervous about someone stealing the computer. This way it's always in my pocket.
  7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Some people are getting reciept scanners that enter the information into QB.

This may be a good idea.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

Before you guys following this thread run over to neatreceipts, I wanted to get my update in.

I'm going to switch from Peachtree accounting to Quickbooks Pro. It seems like the industry standard from 10 years ago when I bought my first accounting program has switched to the Quickbooks side.

I then found this program from Dwyertech.com for my Windows Mobile 6.0 phone I purchased last week....

Here's a screen shot. If you follow the thread back a hair, you can get the break down on the specs, or head to www.dwyertech.com and look at mobile biz.

9. LwnmwrMan22

New update.

I just went out and got Quickbooks Pro 2008.

I also downloaded "MobileBiz" from DwyerTech.com (30 day trial as well).

I used Quickbook's tool to transfer all my data over from Peachtree, and then when I downloaded MobileBiz, that sync'd up with Quickbooks, and now all of my accounts, customers, balances, whatever, are on my phone, which I can carry around anywhere.

I can now enter purchases (gas, fert, parts, etc.), write checks, look at the accounts, enter credit card purchases by customers, and have all my vendors info, as well as customer info.

I'll be honest with you, this has taken all of an hour to do.

It's really slicker than snot.

I'll be toying with it for the next day or two, so I'll be posting my thoughts, try to get some actual screen shots for you all.

Right now, with the phone, the quickbooks software and the dwyertech software, I'm into it for about $500. But again, you could get a cheaper PDA, and if you're already running quickbooks, you're going to save that money as well.
  10. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida