1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Palm pilot/smart cell phone for billing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by all ferris, Feb 14, 2005.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just curious if anyone knows of a program that will allow the use of a palm pilot or some sort of cell phone to record visits at a customers house? I think it would be neat if when I pulled up to a clients prop. instead of writing out the time/date/cost of the visit to scroll through a list clients on the palm pilot or cell phone and with a couple or clicks it will record the visit(time/date/cost). Then when I get home, upload the info onto the computer. Does this already exist and does anyone use it? help.

BTW I currently use Quickbooks to do billing but my wife (sexetary) enters all the info from my hand written paperwork/route sheets. There has got to be a better way because somtimes my wife messes it up(but its always my fault).
  2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

"somtimes my wife messes it up(but its always my fault)."

Sorry, can't help you here. I am in that same boat!

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I just threw something out that came in the mail the other day. It's something along the lines of what you're talking about.

Can't remember the name though, "Grass something billing".
    They're always advertising in most of the trade magazines.
    Maybe try a net search.
  4. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Take a look at QXpress. www.qxpress.com

They have a module for the palm pilot.

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

CLIP has a program I think that will work well with that.. not sure.. you might wanna look into that..
  6. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you want something that atomaticly enters your time into Quickbooks or just a easier way to eliminate paper trail? I have been using one to eliminate paper Then I bill off of it into quick books. Last year when I added a second crew and it became too much to combine the two crews. It is a free ware and works great for 2 of us with snowplowing. but it only tracks 1 person each stop. I am going to try my own spreadsheet this year (on Palm pilots)> I have it set up to use the short cut sign + 1 number to enter todays date another to enter start time and a 3 to enter end time. Hope it works. :D
  7. mickeyg

mickeyg LawnSite Member

Look at "jobclock" web site is WWW.jobclock.com. I was thinking of purchasing the system because I was always forgetting, writing down wrong time(s) and not able to trust employess at job sites with work times and travel times. The reason I didnt buy one was converting everybody to salary.