Palms Before/After

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by justanotherlawnguy, May 11, 2008.

1. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a nice before and after pics:

a (Small).JPG

aa (Small).JPG

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Job
    Looks good

3. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know anything about pruning palm trees because I live up North, but why does everyone strip all the branches off? I don't get it. I don't think they look good at all with just a few branches at the top.

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Well, Im not sayin what you did was wrong or right, but those trees look like crap. Sorry, they jus ugly.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i agreee! i hate palms though!

6. justanotherlawnguy

Say what you want, customer loved it and they are the ones writing the checks. Trimming palms is a cash cow, far more lucrative then just mowing.....

This lady had the HOA all over her a$$ because of the palms looking like this. HOA's love to send out the violation notices when the palms get too unruly, and they are everywhere, and everyone needs them done and lawn guys cant/wont do it...

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

Yeah, like I said, I never knocked your work, I just knocked the trees themselves.

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

O agree LOL

I Know nothing about triming them, I just dont care for the Trees..

But Keep up the good work!!

9. justanotherlawnguy

I agree, the trees are garbage. THey are full of bugs, have wasp nests in them. Some times rat nests, and/or squirrel nests. Not to mention the fronds are extremely sharp and if not trimmed right will snag skin. I have many war wounds from these things......

10. TheChiefsLawnCare

My dad was painting a house for a couple who has a HUGE palm tree, and he dosnt trim it, its like his baby. He actually did an addition to the house and in order to do the work he trimmed some... of the branches, well when this guy came back home from Maryland, he was so mad that my dad trimmed some of the palms off. Anyways, when he was painting the house, my dad fell off the ladder and fell into the tree and one of the tips broke off and got lodged into his leg. He now has a scar from it and wobbles a little. I member when he first fell, his leg got so swolen, he was forced to take medication and could bearly walk on it. I think an inch broke off into his leg. It was pretty. He still has problems and this was about 3 years ago.