Pansies: How much do you charge?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ribit, Oct 13, 2006.

1. ribit

ribit LawnSite Member

Do you guys have a set price per flat of pansies that you charge? Thanks

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I charge cost plus 35%
    So pansies my cost 1.95 6 pack 8 to a flat total of 48 plants and a cost of 15.60 a flat. fert at an average cost of 2.00 a flat. Pre M at a average cost of 8.00 per flat. Topsoil of potting mix at an average of 1.00 per flat and then labor at 40 per hr so figure average of 5.00per flat.
    Total it up. 15.60+2+8+1+5=31.60 per flat give or take. add 35% comes to 42.66. Usually comes out to 45 or so on average. Min of 50.

3. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I buy wholesale and double my cost for the plant and charge $40 per person per hour to install. Mulch is extra.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

on all planting its 50% of the original plant price. not our wholesale price

5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

In past years, most everyone here plants 1801's (18 plants per flat) $ 30 to $35 per flat + soil ammendments.

6. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

We charge $39 per 18-plant flat, installed.

7. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

we are at $40 per flat installed. we have a pretty good history of our clients and have the greenhouse grow them in an 1801 flat. prep the soil by tilling, add granular fert., install the plant, and topdress with pine fines, which at the next rotation can be tilled back into the soil. Then water in the plants.

For new flower beds, we may add organic matter depending how the existing soil is.

We don't use pre-m because, if properly maintained, the plants will fill in pretty quickly, and will suppress weed growth. We're also up in the air whether a pre-m actually stunts the growth of the flowers, so much rather hand pull anything that may surface.