Pants or Shorts ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cbr9joe, Mar 30, 2008.

1. cbr9joe

cbr9joe LawnSite Member

Just a question on what people prefer to wear while mowing. I prefer pants like the Carhartt B159's :usflag:, like a light weight carpenter pant. I think it looks more professional. Anyone else have preferences?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Pants are safer and more professional.

3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Pants all the way, Lord have mercy on our legs, I have scares from trying to wear shorts & weed wacking. Here in Memphis the summer temp can reach over 100. I have seen LCO operators with long sleeve flannel, I do wear long sleeve tee-shirts, with cotton cargo/utility pants, during the dog days of summer. the rest of the season Carhartt's:cool2:

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Shorts! Pants for cleanups and cold days.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Our summers can be brutal...but I go with pants...Just mow to many places with rocks, poison ivy, the occasional broken bottle.

6. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

shorts year round

7. obland

obland LawnSite Member
    from USA

ditto ...real men wear shorts.

8. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

It depends on the day for me, but pants for sure if I need to do alot of trimming.

9. Abes

Abes LawnSite Member
    from MN

shorts when mowing and a T shirt with the sleeves cut off. It just gets so damn hot i would rather take a couple rocks to the legs than wear pants. we used to have some mexicans who could wear pants and long sleeve flannel shirts on 100 degree days and they wouldnt sweat at all.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think pants are the safest option when it comes to trimming, but more professional? We're talking about working outside here, not working in a bank as chief financial consultant. Phooey on professional, it's thrown around here way too much.
    As for Matt he wears Dickie work pants, (they hold up great and take a beating), then in the dead heat of summer, he wears khaki shorts.