Pants

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bobw, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

What does everyone wear for pants while working? As we've been moving more and more into commercial installations, our usual cargo shorts doesn't pass muster on work sites. We're being told that we need to wear long pants, so...what is everyone wearing?

I really don't think jeans are the answer...too heavy, don't dry fast enough, spend half the time hiking them up every time you kneel, etc.... I could be wrong though...

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not going to do a search at the moment, but how about some of the lightweight quick drying, hiking pants that you can unzip the legs off? Try REI.com

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

fall/winter/ early spring

Carhart Baby!

summer is for shorts!

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

What he said.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I wear shorts all 4 seasons. Not uncommon to see me at the grocery store in January at 40 degrees with shorts. The old bitties shake their heads. Granted, I'm probably wearing a sweatshirt and boots.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I plow snow in shorts and keep an ape suit on the seat in case I have to dig. Wearing shorts as I typr this.

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I like Carharrts during installs, for the strong knees and such. Shorts all summer, as soon as it hits 60 every day.

Jeans for typical work in the winter.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I get their catalogs all the time and have been considering giving those fire hose pants a shot.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I think I might try the hippie, au-natural look this year and go without pants and shorts. Tired of the bad tan lines. :)

Hope you weren't eating while reading this.....