paper shredder pita!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenGrassEarnsCash, Aug 19, 2005.

1. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

anyone else ever ran over a newspaper when mowing? Man it makes a mess and it is even worse on a windy day! ran over 2 this year already!

2. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

your an idiot. watch were your going. jess

3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Newspapers are usually easy to see unless they are printed on green paper (or tan paper during drought). What are you looking at when you run over these papers?

4. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

it was right at the edge of the grass and driveway and the grass was tall so i didnt see it. I watch where im going!

5. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Hit a big (suday atl journal const) paper last year right in the middle of the driveway and knew it was there...I got confused on the controls and panicked when I seen it....took 30 min. to clean it up.

6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i hit one trying to nudge it out of my way with the anti scalp roller, before i knew it i felt my mower bog down and saw what looked like a bird that got sucked though a jet engin. darn mower suction.

7. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Of course I have. Many times over the years. I do a rental property and nuke stuff all the time. If they can't clean up after themselves, I'm damn well not gonna. Have you ever hit a paper with a snow thrower? :realmad:

8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

yes they are. I hit one this year thought i was far enough away but the lesco sucked it right up fing hi lifts. I hit my helper last winter with one in the back of the head wile snow blowing. That was the funniest thing i ever saw. I try to hit my trimmer guy with racket balls and tennis balls ten time this year so far

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

get single stage , 2 stage sucks for newspaper and door mats

10. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah they do. But, I'm keeping my 2 stage. :waving: