paper work schedule?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fga, Sep 12, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I'm obviously doing my books by the last 2 threads :rolleyes:

how often do you update your books? daily or at the end of the week. i wish i would do it daily, but always find myself Sunday nights drowning in paperwork? when do you do it?

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

whenever I need to do it.. usually when I am trying to find something on my desk and can't.. And then it gets hot and I turn on a fan, and all of my receipts blow off the desk and usually end up in the garbage.. :dizzy:

3. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

I do paperwork daily...We use CLIP so we have to tell the computer what jobs were done on a daily basis so we can get job lists for the next day....

4. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I usually will make note of all accounts cut and set the next days schedule on the days end. Then usually once or twice a week I try and make sure all paperwork is in order, bills paid, and just tie up any loose ends.

5. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I've been looking for a new software program, is CLIP a good one? Any web site for them?

6. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

QuickBooks Contractors 2004 here and every day is the only way. You can't expect to remember every thing for a week. :dizzy: Once you get use to making yourself do it every day you'll thank yourself and wonder why you didn't always do it that way. :realmad:
    Stay off the net until your done for the day then reward yourself with a trip to LawnSite. :cool2: Thats what I just got done doing. (Welll actually I get on the net and check LC to see what's going on first then if nothing grabs me I do my books then look again before bed) :rolleyes:

Oh and tonight I got to do two months of my son's recites he just gave me a wad of today. :help: :cry: Thats why I didn't get done till 12:05 am. :sleeping: Soon! LOL

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Gopher has good software and great customer support.

8. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

Get up an hour earlier in the morning, have a good cup of coffee, layout the days work, do your billing. it is so much easer when you are fresh. No interruptions, phone calls, etc.
    Quick Books Pro here but I hear Clip and Gopher are both good

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Fga,

Please feel free to download our fully functional trial of Gopher software. We hope this can help with your paperwork.

Thank you Dwan and Soupy for your positive comments. :)

10. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

What I Do Is Get Up 2 Hours Early And Do All My Paper Work. No Wife, No Phone Ringing Just Me And My Paper Work.