Paperwork Procedures for Crew

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CWilliams, Mar 12, 2005.

1. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

We are starting our business this year. We have operated a LC company before but my husband was solo. We plan to hire a part time person (through a placement office) this Spring. In the past my husband would complete an invoice (for our records) when the work was completed. We would then post the invoices and bill at the end of the month.

Since we will have an employee we want to handle the paperwork differently. We do not want the employee(s) to know what we are charging the customer.

How do you all handle this? Do you just give the employee a schedule to follow and they can report back to you what was completed?

Please advise. We want this to be as simple and efficient as possible.

Thanks.

2. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

I think a simple system where the employee simply had to fill out:
    customer name
    date
    work done
    would be enough. At the end of the day yall could take his simple system and enter them into the computer or make invoices how you wanted.
    EHO

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We just give them a weekly list of properties to be performed with instructions of how long it should take.

For landscaping they have specific tasks that need to get completed for that day to stay on schedule

Jason

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use Lawn Monkey for scheduling, routing and invoicing. On a daily basis I print out a route sheet. It has the addresses, the names of the clients, a start & stop time and other things. One thing it doesn't have is the prices and why should it. I don't have employees, but something like this would be good for them. The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact it doesn't list the order which the lawns should be mowed. I usually go in and number them before I start. As an add-on, I can use a mapping software where it will draw a map of your route and give you the proper order for the quickest route. This feature isn't real good for me, but might be for employees.

Just some ideas for ya!
    Matt