Parade ideas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fiveoboy01, Jun 21, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to be in our town's parade in late july.

I plan to pull the trailer with all the equipment on it.

I CAN make a float, but seems like a lot of work and I don't have many ideas. I was thinking about getting a very large tent-style sign summarizing my services and with my logo and having it in the bed of the truck, elevated on a plywood box so it's easily readable.

I can have people on the trailer, but basically all they can do is wave. For some reason, the town enacted an ordinance at the suggestion of the local PD prohibiting tossing candy from a vehicle. You CAN throw it from an ATV, or Mower or tractor, but not a truck or trailer.

If you guys have any ideas, let me know. This is costing me 50 bucks, and I think that's a dirt cheap way to get in front of half the town.
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have no idea what to suggest but you better post pictures.:usflag:
  3. fiveoboy01

Yes I'll try to get someone to stand by the road and take pictures:)
  4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to ask about our cities parade next year.

I'd love to get some publicity like that.
  5. fiveoboy01

Yeah it's an easy way to get some exposure.

There are no requirements to get in, any business can. Doesn't even have to be in my town, I don't think. Over the last few years there have even been some US Congressmen and Women(from WI) who have walked in it.
  6. MeCasa

MeCasa LawnSite Member

Something to make people laugh, ain't nothing worse than a boring advertisement float.
  7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was in my town's Memorial Day parade. I had my truck & trailer loaded with my 737 and 425AWS (at the time) and my buddy who subs plowing in the winter for me following with his plow and spreader hooked up. Had all of my lights flashing and 2 people walking next to the trucks handing out my worked I guess!:usflag:
  8. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Put your sign and some people and stuff on the trailer by all means but can you have a some family take a couple mowers and zoom around behind you throwing out candy? The mowers turn like a clown car and and throwing candy for the kids is the best part. It might not get you any business but it should be a good time.
  9. LawnSite Fanatic

I would run your mowers in the parade. One in Front of the truck and trailer, one behind, and one on each side. Toss candy from the mowers, and let the trailer do your advertising.
  10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have truck with trailer going along, the 3 mowers near by.

I would say get 6-12 magnetic signs. put one on each side of mower and on back.

mabey to add a twist have the mower operators hand out Flyers or something

Also is what is in your sig all u have? if not ithink it would help us to see a list of everything.