parade of lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Feb 10, 2008.

1. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

any of you guys selling tickets to a private tour of your lighting projects after dark and giving the moolah to charity? You know like the pond builders are doing. If so are they effective in selling jobs for u?

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I havent tried that angle Pete. My client's would not appreciate a cavelcade of boats coming by their properties at night!

I have effectively used the unique vantage point of viewing a property from the water many times to encourage a prospect. I often supply the Lat & Long co-ordinates of some select clients to a prospect. They can then use the GPS on their boat to cruise by after dark and have a look. This is very effective.

For my 10 year anniversary, (coming up soon) I will be taking 20+ of my best clients out on a private cruise abort the 1915 steam vessel Wanda III ( http://www.realmuskoka.com/steamship_wanda.php ) I plan to pick everyone up near dusk, go for a sunset cruise, cocktails and snacks served aboard and some nice lighting veiwing opportunities on the way back.

3. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Is Canada another country or another planet? Sometime I wonder

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I'm selling tickets to watch the Mike Murphy show. People can sit in my back seat all day.

I got a ladder rack so I wouldn't lose any more ladders, and the other day I decided to enter an automattic car wash, forgeting I had been keeping the ladder on the truck.

Hesus Christi!!

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Oh I bet that was fun! :laugh:

I remember watching this guy in a Jetta, with two every expensive racing bicycles mounted to a rack on top of his roof drive down the road past me and turn into a covered parking garage at the grocery store... I guess he forgot the bikes were on the roof!... Im sure he never forgot them after that day!

6. Mike M

from usa

Wow (ouch)!

My daughter, learning to drive a few years ago, tried to used the throttle as a break, hitting my landscape trailer and torpedoing it to the back of my garage, taking out my Trek and all family bicycles. 1,200 damage to front end of Jeep, too.

7. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike!

I have some samples heading out your way. Going in the mail tomorrow.

James.. I'm ashamed you won't give us any thought. Accent lighting is hot, especially around the lakes here. You don't want it as a up light.. fine. Turn it up side down and you have a great niche/down light. Good for soffits.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Sorry Anthony, there is virtually no demand for paver lights in my market. Also, I really don't like the look of them. All I see is the light source in my field of view.

As for using them as a soffit mounted down light. I really dont do a lot of that style of lighting... When I do, I used a proper recessed light fixture and trim that provides ample glare control.

"See the effect, not the source."

9. Mike M

from usa

James, sometimes the source is a part of the effect. I'd bet Anthony's low wattage product is close to the light levels we have reflecting off accents and structures.

Think about applications like holiday lighting--light sources. Billy's rope-light-draped-myrtle--light source. A campfire, like the pic Steve P. took. Your TV screen, your computer screen, light sources.

A lone candle on a table. The red and green markers along a channel. Torches, Fireworks, birthday candles, fireflies, Lite Brite, shooting stars, the Milky Way, the Star of Bethlehem, stained glass, the light at the end of the tunnel, Darth Vador's light saber, squid and other phosphorous sea creatures, UFO's, and rainbows, too. The expression for something enlightening: seeing the light.

At the right levels, some sources are nice to see.

10. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

What did you have as a beverage for dinner Mike?:drinkup:

Burt Wilson
    Accent Outdoor Lighting