Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy, May 23, 2001.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you do parades such as the 4th of July? If so I am looking for some ideas this summer. I know it is early but i was just starting to thing about it. I am opening a Blimpie in my town so I was thinking I would combine it with my Company Lawn Boys Inc. If you have any Ideas I would appreciate them.
  2. AndrewLawn

AndrewLawn LawnSite Member

I know this should be in the off-topic forum,but you're opening up a blimpie's?you mean,you're actually owning it....that's awesome,i love blimpie's,but I eat at subways more often:)
  3. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you're thinking of submitting an entry in the parade, so I can't offer any ideas there (I'm just the driver for our parades!) but more power to you!

If you find it difficult to put a parade entry together (I've seen that it's harder than it looks) here's an idea for getting involved & creating some goodwill in the community: Consider offering the use of a trailer & your truck to pull it (you drive of course!) for some of the parades that take place in your town.

Every year in November, I have my truck & trailer in the Christmas parade. I am involved with Big Brothers, so I donate the use of the truck & trailer to them - besides, it's fun to get involved with decorating the trailer & shine the truck up. Then I proceed to wear out the horns heading down the main street!

I look forward to the Christmas parade every year since being in it is a lot of fun for me. And, it's warmer in my cab than out on the trailer deck!
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I do a small town parade every year near us, for the city's festival. It's a blast! We go through about two 5 gallon buckets of candy though.
  5. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh I am actually going to be owning it. I bought the franchise a few weeks ago. I want to combine the two in the parade so I get two for the price of one.