parents

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LHSlawnman86, Aug 15, 2004.

1. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

im 15 years old and i love to cut grass and i plan to expand this spring. im telling my mom that i need a liscense and a peddlers permit and all that fun stuff and she just tells me that she doesnt want to hear it. and i tell her that i can take the work cuz i have a 44 inch toro.

how do i deal with her?

i need help

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

just do it and prove her wrong..

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

When I was 15 my mom didn't want me to have a job. Then I turned 16, and all of a sudden I kept hitting her up for gas money- she actually went out one day rounding up job applications for me!

Maybe point out that the sooner you start saving money the sooner you will be able to move out of the house one day...

4. HOOLIE

By the way, why is she opposed to you working?

5. LHSlawnman86

from ohio

all she says is "because i said so."

6. HOOLIE

How many customers do you have now? Maybe she doesn't want things to get out of hand and affect your schoolwork.

In these situations I would just keep bugging my parents until they broke down under my relentless pressure.

7. LHSlawnman86

from ohio

well i had 6 yards and two of the older people passed away so now im looking to get about 10 more yards. i dont think that my school work has a lot to do with it because im the type who studies for 10 minutes and gets a B. and believe me i am good at buggin her till she breaks down. but just to get my mower its took 2 years and because it was a good deal

8. HOOLIE

Maybe your mom doesn't realize how lucrative the lawn industry can be. Maybe take her on lawnsite one night. A lot of people think we're just a bunch of dumb rednecks who couldn't get a real job. So wrong.