Park on my lawn, please

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by americanlawn, Aug 5, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Several times a year, my local fire dept has nice events going on. What I hate is......Why do people have to park ON my lawn? (especially since it's a "no parking zone"). I have a two-acre lawn that I take pride in, but that never stops people from driving their vehicles on it.

Anybody else have this prob?:confused:

park on my lawn 001.jpg

park on my lawn 002.jpg

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a nice yard! I wish i could keep my six acres that nice!!!

I had a similar situation, i service a property that is near the golf course, the club house buts right up to the guy's property. Well there was a golf tournament last week, and here i am mowing, and this guy pulls up in a Ford Expedition, and parks the WHOLE car in the yard. Now most of the time, people will maybe put the two front wheels of their car on the yard, BUT THE WHOLE VEHICLE! I just mowed around it, couldnt do anything else. -Mitch-

3. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice yard! I have the same problem only my next door neighbor always has these 400+ person parties (about 8 a year). All his guests park on my lawn, park on and block my private road, park in my barn parking lot, and let their kids (around the age of 4) run through my 10 stall horse barn unattended. I found one kid trapped in a horse's paddock by herself and the horse was rearing. Needless to say I'm putting a stop to this. I needed to get an 18 wheeler down my road during their last party and had to have them move 40 some odd cars. I told my neighbors (who I obviously don't get along with) that if this happens one more time, I'm having my buddy who owns a large towing service come over and remove all the cars off my property. These neighbors still owe me almost $400 for snow plowing!:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

$400.....call the tow company! haha Reminded me of a buddy in college. He ahd $500 cash stolen during a house party.....stupid of him. Guy that stole always ran when confronted so he decided he'd just make him spend it. Three sets of tires later! Overboard but funny.:laugh:

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks guys, I figured I was not "in the wrong". "Dream Cut" --- Peoria is a very beautiful city! "Fear This Deere" -- that's all I run brother (JD's). I hope more will repond to this post, as it happens all too often. It's one of my "pet peaves". As it is also probably your's.

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Are talking about the cars parked on the side of the road on the shoulder? If so then they have all the rights they want to park there. That ditch is owned by the state and they can park there. You can put all the signs up you want but until the city puts a sign up they can park there.

Your local laws my be different but thats how it is around here.

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Put cones during events so they can't park there.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

That would do it (if they dont steal them), or have all of you cars / trucks parked there and all of your friends

9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Put rocks along the road edge, or better yet, put in belgian block curbing! :usflag:

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

private property...call a tow truck