1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Park truck and trailer for advertisement

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Mar 15, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinink (we start mowing in mid april) take my truck and trailer which is all the same color all lettered up real professional and park it in a lot for a day or so? What do you think I was wondering if it would have any chances of getting any work. Make it all clean and park it in a busy area. How do you think land loards will go with this.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You may not get many calls directly and quickly from this, but it's a great form of branding for your company. Exposure is key. Next time somebody needs lawncare, they might think of your name. Hopefully you are in the YP's so that they can find your number. Or, they will go to the YP's and see your name and logo and remember seeing your truck parked somewhere.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I don't think you will get many actual calls from it, but i definitely think it's all
    about name recognition.
  4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Works in this small town. I've personally watched people stop to write the number down off a truck. Guys here do it... all types of biz... Can't hurt.

5. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

We just made a deal to store our enclosed lettered trailer in the lot of a busy Marina. We'll see what happens. We needed storage anyhow, so there might be some benefits too.
  6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Beaucamp's (sp?) in Brighton does that. They have a ton of vehicles and they "leave" them all over town in various parking lots about this time of year as peeople start thinking spring. At least that's what someone told me last year. I thought it was a good idea, but I would be careful where you do it, get permission, etc... You wouldn't want to have to pay to get it out of impound! Good luck, Marc
  7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

when i we used to do the trade shows for CAI we would always park at least two company trucks close to the entrance of the show and people would always say oh yea i just saw your trucks outside if they stopped by our booth...
  8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Problem is, for lawncare at least, how do you consolidate your lawns. You might get calls from someone that is completely out of your area. I guess if you have nothing better to do, it aint gonna hurt any.
  9. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Not a bad idea! There are several places I have in mind that I could do that in! If its not too much of a pain, then why not!
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

My truck and I, we work together...
    I don't abandon my baby because
    she never leaves me stranded.