Parked across the street and got what F#$% were you thinking

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Watson's Landscaping, May 29, 2007.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Todays a first had to cut late today because i took yesterday off and parked across the street from the house I was cutting (I have parked there all year) and the guy comes home that owns the house across the street and said to me what the F#$% are you thinking parking on my lawn (in his ditch). So my ? is were should I park its a 2 lane main street with no shoulder and I really dont want to park in my clients drive way. and by the way the guy wants me to come back and fix his yard were he thinks my truck left to marks from the tires.

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell him his property stops at the center of the ditch.
    Everything from the center of the ditch to the road is right of way.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

....and be sure to tell us how this one turns out.:)

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't blame him. He can't do anything about it cause like someone else mentioned he don't own it. But, if you parked in my ditch and damaged the turf, i would be pissed too. Remember he is the one who maintains it and has to mow even if you leave ruts, etc. Also, it reflects on his property. In a situation like that I would park in the customers driveway.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You wont park in the driveway of someone who pays you, but will park in the neighbors yard that isnt a customer?

6. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

If one isn't too far away, I would park on a side street, and just drive the mowers through a few other properties to get the house (make sure you do it next to the curb, though). If you don't feel comfortable doing that, ask permission to do so - I'd be surprised if many people cared. Better yet, you could come by during a low-traffic time of the day and drive the mowers through the street when no cars are coming.

If that doesn't work out, just park in the driveway. Sure its a pain to have to back out, but it sure isn't nice to park in someone else's yard.

7. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

your best bet would be to park in the customers driveway. As far as the other guy he does not own it but I would fix it for him anyway

8. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys thanks for the replys I'll let you know how it turns out.

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Id just park in customers driveway

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i had one guy like that last year come out and yell at a county sheriff for parking like that, needles to say after 10 min of them auguring the guy was cuffed and stuffed :laugh: must have been what the guy said when he came out. I alt to kiss your ass for parking on my privet property with out permission now get off it or ill call your captain. :confused: