Parker Thatcher

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by metro36, Jul 2, 2009.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I need to sell my Minute Man Parker thatcher. It is an 04 model that I picked up new in march of 08 as a left over. It has a 6.5 hp briggs intec engine which starts in 1-2 pulls. Has maybe 10-15 hours on it. Thatches a 20" path. It is currently set up with a flail reel but you can purshace a spring tine reel or a slicing reel for it. I am asking $400. I will not ship but if you are close I could deliver.

It does not get enough use for me to justify keeping it. I have a jrco rake and a bluebird overseeder which get most of the use.

2. metro36

I forgot to mention that the tines are in great shape. They are all there and have no chips.

Here are some pics.

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02347.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

3. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i am interested. I live on long island. Does anyone know if I can replace the metal tines with the spring ones. I have 2 older packer thatchers that have springs on the bottom. Let me know if this is possible. If so I would ike to buy this week. Where on long island are you located? Thanks

4. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

sorry metro i didn;t read the whole post. I realized you can put the springs on. pm me your number so i can conatct you. Thanks

5. lgyardservices

lgyardservices LawnSite Senior Member

how much would shipping be to 82601? And also what is the flail reel mainly for? thanks

6. metro36

Sorry but as stated in the origional post I will not ship.

The flail reel is used for removing thatch but it can also be used for preparing a seed bed on a new lawn.

7. metro36

Lawn in order, I sent you a couple pm answering your questions. Give me a call when you get a chance.

8. metro36

Bump. Lawn in order, you still interested?

9. metro36

To the top. Will trade for a 36" jrco tine rake + cash.

10. metro36

Bump it is a great like new machine.