parking issues

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tthomass, Jun 26, 2006.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Where do you keep your stuff? Here's my issue and mostly would like to hear form N.VA people or those in rapidly growing areas.....

I live in a townhouse and at the moment park my truck and trailer on the street which may actually be against zoning. I'm looking at buying an enclosed trailer soon to keep my things in as my current trailer is a dump trailer.

I am unsure of what streets I can park on or how to find thsoe that I can. Another idea is finding some "rural" people within 10miles and trading landscaping services/cash to park my trailer on their small farm.

Help? :hammerhead:

2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I park mine(enclosed trailer) in the yard, but I'm one of those rural people with a small farm(10 acres). I will be putting up a 40x60 pole barn soon to get it all inside out of the weather and out of sight.

3. tthomass

from N. VA

yeah moving up here was a good $ move but space sucks.......back home i have 240 acres of farm land to pick where to park, here 240 = 500 houses

friends and family either live too far away or have HOA's so i just park on public streets for now

4. tthomass

from N. VA

51 views and nobody parks anything?

basically if you don't have your own place.......where do you park?

5. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Whereever you can get away with it...:usflag:

6. ken6224

ken6224 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Here at the house , we have aprox 65 acers . :rolleyes:

7. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

Some folks rent a mini storage unit that has parking for campers, boats, trailers etc. Make sure it is fenced in though.

REV.

8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

My mother has a small home 4 sale in Broy hill park Falls Church. Has ample drive way and 2 pull in spots in front of house.
    Mike

9. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I rent some land and keep my trucks, trailers, and equipment their

10. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

My buddies yard.