1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

parking issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeremy442, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jeremy442

jeremy442 LawnSite Member

I have a truck and want to buy a trailer to carry some new equipment. The problem i have is that some of my customers live in areas where i barely have room to park just my truck. What do you guys do when you find yourself in a situation like this. do you leave and comeback later or do you say screw it and block the road or do you park a block away and walk all your stuff to the job site? Maybe i should just put all of my customers with this issue on one day and just use he truck for that day and not the trailer.
  2. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Everybody's situation is different, no right or wrong answer here. But if parking is a big issue I usually pass on the account. I will not risk getting a ticket or some idiot taking out my trailer by blocking a lane of traffic.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. W&Wlawncare

W&Wlawncare LawnSite Member

Get a good set of ramps and just stick your walk behind up in the truck bed, so you can lose the trailer.
    Its how I started out mowing and it really was nice to not to have to worry about turning around, etc. And all the other headaches of trailer pulling. Make sure you get a solid set of ramps not a slotted set. The small tires of a walk behind will easily pass through the slots. Harbor freight runs a $40 special from time to time on a set that I used that worked perfectly
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I've blocked off a lane with cones before. I never had any problems doing so.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Salcido Lawn

Salcido Lawn LawnSite Member

I have too much work to be making "special" trips, just to mow one yard! Block off as little road/driveways as possible, but get your work done. I rarely have that problem though, my truck are flatbed trucks, with dovetails and ramps, built on. Take a look. http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=371727