Parking lot cleaning???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMastersTN, Jul 23, 2012.

1. LawnMastersTN

LawnMastersTN LawnSite Senior Member

I have noticed alot of guys out cleaning parking lots at night. Didnt know if anyone on here did that service also. Also how do you price anything like that? I found a good deal on a sweeper/vac truck and didnt know if it was a good service to offer and make money on.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

From the little I know about it, it sounds like it is bid very cheap.

Getting people to work at night also sounds a little off too.

3. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Where did you find the truck?

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You can make money on anything if you try hard enough. Is there a big use for it? Lots of parking lots that need cleaned up often? Figure out how much it will cost to operate, add what you need and see if your pricing will be low enough to advertise the service.

5. LawnMastersTN

Does anyone offer it? I know there is money to be made at it or else people wouldn't be doing it. I could get the truck for a steal as my buddy ended up with it in a trade. I just wouldn't even know where to start on pricing. Don't know how many hours per sqft it takes nor fuel cost on it. I know the local guy around me wouldn't want to share bid info but didn't know if anyone from other areas would.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

One way to estimate is the width for the vacuum, the anticipated MPH to get your production rate. Then you can bid it just like you would anything else.

You can assume really crappy fuel mileage.
    You would have dump fees and such.

7. LawnMastersTN

Does anyone offer it? I know there is money to be made at it or else people wouldn't be doing it. I could get the truck for a steal as my buddy ended up with it in a trade. I just wouldn't even know where to start on pricing. Don't know how many hours per sqft it takes nor fuel cost on it. I know the local guy around me wouldn't want to share bid info but didn't know if anyone from other areas would.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LawnMastersTN

Sorry reposted by accident.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Bevco seems to be the main ones that do it and I have seen one called mighty clean.

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Normally there are a few factors:

Lot size

Traffic at the lot both cars and foot traffic

Estimated amount of trash/sand to be removed from the lot

Disposal of debris collected

We have looked into sweeping, the initial investment was our biggest deterrent. If you have a large enough crew you might be able to put them on a rotation for sweeping. Finding someone to sweep is the hardest part, the lots we looked at had to be swept 7 days a week.