parking lot cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawnslawns, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Shawnslawns

Shawnslawns LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys do parking lot cleanups for businesses? If so what do you use. I see a lot of the big trucks that do this. Is there a smaller vacuum like one you can push around that would be more economical you can buy to do this? Thanks.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I was looking into this a year back if a landed a certain account. I didn't land the account...but I researched. It was between Billy Goat and Giant-Vac(?)...was red and white. Anyway, they all had a few different models. Basically they had the power to such up 12 oz. glass bottles. Some are self prepelled, others are push. Not sure about the Giant-Vac but one of the Billy Goat models offered a 'sulky' that the operator got pulled around on. They were pretty expensive...I believe my prices ranged between 1200 - 2000. But hey, for small parking lots with not a lot of room for a sweeper to get in/out of and manuever it has its place.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Shawnslawns, we just started doing this service this year, only around islands and curbs. We use a Little Wonder HPV. I priced the Billy Goat but wasn't impressed with the impeller. For a few hundred dollars more its twice the machine. The Little Wonder's impeller is soild thick steel its picked up bottles, plastic and glass and chewed them up incredibly. Also the bag system was eaiser to use and holds more. Only complaint is wet leaves will clog it up. We charge an additional $7.00-$15.00 more depending on the size of lot. It makes the overall property look a lot better. And it beats blowing pebbles etc. wherever.

5. Shawnslawns

hey guys, would a lowes, kmart, or walmart parking lot be feasible with one of these types of vacuums? Thanks.

6. LB1234

I don't think so...unless you have a crew of multiple people with multiple machines...in that case invest in a sweeper.

7. Shawnslawns

How much would a sweeper cost?

8. LB1234

go to plowsite...there is a forum there...