Parking lot maintenance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Apr 9, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I was reading about add on services in a current trade publication and seen where groundmasters added parking lot maintenance. The commercial accounts I handle could use this. In the article they said it was very inexpensive and low maintence. I wonder if they are sweeping or?????????

[Edited by eggy on 04-09-2001 at 11:39 PM]

2. i remember doing that for a guy i used to work for. however the lot was real small and completely paved. every other week or so he would have me to go certain areas with a bucket / shovel / broom and have me clean up the road sand / salt. or if you have a walker or other multi tool machines you can get a power broom and just sweep all the junk right into piles.

3. eggy

Thats what I wonder, does anyone know someone form groundsmaster in Cincy?

4. oh yeah. i wouldnt get into the christmas lights deal unless you have access to an aerial lift. i have been asked to do it by some customers and it just cant be done by climbing. cause in my opinion the lights have to go out by the terminal buds on the trees. now that is no big deal if the tree is only 10 feet tall or whatever. but once you get over that 10 maybe 15 - 20 feet you gotta go up on something big. and that cant be done from the inside gotta use a bucket. i can rent one for 215 a day that goes up 45 feet. however it is a real pain in the butt and isnt real manueverable. i would probably say to stay away from that unless you have a bucket truck or you have a good friend who will let you use his 100,000 dollar vehicle.

5. eggy

Already deleted that........

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the owner of Groundsmaster quite well.

7. eggy

Hey John you wouldnt know his approach to parking lot maintence would you?