Parking Lot Striping

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by meicher806, Mar 19, 2008.

1. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been running a lawn care/landscape business for several years now and several of our customers are asking about parking lot restriping. I have the equiptment to do it. I was just wondering what others were charging per liner foot. Thanks for the help

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

These are last years prices hope they help
    1. Re-stripe $2.50 per line
    2. Hdicap $13.00 per sign
    3. .20 cents per linear foot

New stripes
    1. $4.00 per line
    2. Handicap $15.00
    3. .40 cents per linear foot

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

We price our work on the market conditions and our material / job costs.
    :nono:
    It makes no difference what anybody else charges if charging that would leave you broke. Because you may not have as good a deal on paint or be as fast or be paying more for insurance or have a new truck or whatever. Or it may be the opposite and you can operate less expensively and still make a good margin.

Hope this helps, more then me telling you my rate. (.36 per L FT for restripes) :rolleyes:

4. git-r-done

git-r-done LawnSite Member

does anybody know where I can find some web links so that I can look into this business to buy equipment.

5. shepoutside

You Have Mail!!

6. lawnproslawncare

lawnproslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

To start out would you guys recommend buying just aerosol or bulk paint and gas powered line striper unit?

7. shepoutside

You want to go with a gas air, or air-less sprayers. The aerosol is to mush money, and won't last well. Check for used equipment, classified, auctions, etc, to get started.