1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Parking Lot sweeping

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kandklandscape, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

We have had alot of inquires about this service lately, does anyone know how to price this at all? we would have a bobcat 773 with a sweeper and a medium sized tennant 255.... well how much per hour would we charge?

we would be doing malls, shopping centers etc.
  2. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

i live in a smaaaaaaalll resort town, and have the only working parking lot sweeper.

a few thoughts. the tenant will sweep a lot more and better then the skidsteer gizmo. the skidsteer gizmo is a PITA to use.
    It is not easy to do a good job with a tenant. big learning curve. dirty. at night. no competition cuz the work sucks.
    i bid the parking lots by value. I won't do ANYTHING for less then 150 bucks. if a business doesn't value a clean parking lot once a year for under 150 bucks, then i don't need them.
    buy a huge backpack blower. it will double your productivity. I have a redmax 8001, and wish there was a bigger one in the market but there isn't.

if i'm not billing 200 an hour for 2 guys with a backpack blowr and a sweeper then i massively underbid. 300 an hour is the norm for spring clean ups.

there are a LOT of repairs on the sweepers. I figure 30 an hour in repairs alone, not counting wages and fuel.