1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mulk, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Mulk

Mulk LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I am going to quote a business (sports bar) that has a lot more parking lot than grass. How do y'all go about quoting blowing debris of a parking lot? How often would you suggest it be blown?

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Cleaning the parking lot is going to be difficult at best. Unless you want to waste time with a BP blower you will have to get another piece of equipment. You will also have to clean the lot when there are not any vehicles in the area of you will just be asking for trouble. You scratched my car and so now. Give us some more details about what equipment you have and the size of the parking lot.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Most of the time I just eyeball it. I figure how much longer it is going to take to blow the whole lot after were done cutting. Lot cleanup gets done when we cut the account. Grass is going to get on the lot anyway, so I just figure the extra time into the price. :cool: