Parking lots, curb lines, total weed control?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jul 27, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is there a product that one could spray on cracks in parking lots, sidewalks, along curbs (parking lot side) etc., that would control weeds for a long period of time?

Right now spot spraying weeds as they pop up, but it's a pain of walking mid-sized malls and Wal-Mart parking lots looking for weeds popping up.

I'm looking for something that one could apply once every 4-6 weeks, sort of like Treflan for the planting areas, but on the parking lots so weeds aren't popping up each week after I've sprayed the week before.

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard but have not tried yet, to mix round up with barricade for long control without the hassles of a steralizer. Someday I will try this mix but just have not yet.

3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Yep, that'll give ya the control your looking for. We dont any longer but used to do this on gravel driveways, we'd treat the driveway 2 times per season and get very good season long control

4. Greenie

Greenie LawnSite Member

I've used round-up mixed with Simazine 4L, it will kill what's growing and stop new growth for our entire growing season. It's not too expensive, either.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Use Pramitol, it's a soil sterilent.

6. PicturePerfect

PicturePerfect LawnSite Member

Watch out with Pramitol. It is lethal to trees and shrubs if absorbed through the roots.

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Sahara is a brand name for a soil sterilent.
    I get mine through Lesco, a 1 lb bottle costs me about $18-$20 and covers an acre. The only reason I don't use it more is I'm concious of possible contamination of my spray rig-imagine what a turf site would look like with a residue of sterilent and an app of 2,4-D? So, I triple clean the tank and pump strainerthen triple rinse the boom - a real pain.

8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

+DIUIRON OR SMOETHING LIKE THAT .
    iT'S A PRE AND A POST