1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Parking Trailers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by alpine692003, Jul 5, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just thought about this now, whats your guys regulations on leaving your utility trailers parked outside in the front of your house?

Is it allowed? I've read some of your guys posts and it seems most of you guys have to rent a storage place for all your equipments..

I've been storing all my equipments in the garage of my house and right behind me, I have a painter that stores all his stuff..

ie) about 15 ladders, all paint buckets, trailers in the rear!

Trucks lettered parked out in the front, just wondering what about you guys>

:confused: :confused:
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi alpine692003,

Here are two interesting posts that might be helpful as you wait for others.

Link 1

Link 2
  3. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Alpine,
    I have the same problem.Right now I keep my large trailer along with a dump truck parked in the driveway and a smaller trailer in the back yard up against the house.I'm not too worried about my neighbors saying anything,yet,because others keep boats and campers parked in their yards.As my business grows,though,I'm hoping to buy a few acres and build a shop outside of town. In the meantime I'm just trying to keep my yard as neat as possible and not leave alot of little stuff laying around.
  4. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

I cant park mine on my street (unless its "working") truck or trailer.
    to park any trucks/trailers (for biz.) you must be 10 feet behind the front of your house, and 10 feet away from all buildings, if you can do that you can park at your house, but if people complain they could make you move it.

(a guy around the block parks his semi + 51 foot long trailer on the street and gets away with it... i have goten a ticket for haven a 20 foot trailer and ford f350 parked in front of my house for 3 hours....)
  5. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I do. No problems yet. Its a sight when I have my trailer, truck, and my dad's boat (25ft. Trophy) sitting out on the street. :D