Parntnership

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dave does lawns, Aug 20, 2011.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

NO NO NO NO NO oh did I say NOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Lets see if I understand this...you buy his equipment for full price on an installment plan with money you generate from your customers and your work. Then he gets 50% of your business. WTF?

Go to a bank and get a loan and buy equipment if you need equipment that bad. Or if he wants to sell but "doesn't need the money", let him finance the deal, you pay in installments.

3. bmlawns

bmlawns LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Forget the partnership and take his one and only account. You should at least be able to buy any additional equipment you need with profits from that account.

4. SLMGT

SLMGT LawnSite Member

You don't need this guy or his equipment. He really brings nothing to the table. He may even be willing to let his equipment go cheap in a couple of months. Build your own business and let this guy do his own thing.:usflag:

5. dslc

dslc LawnSite Member

The only ship to be on is an ownerSHIP. a partner ship will sink. there are at least 3 companys in my area that didnt make it on a partner ship, and one of the two gets shi*ed in the end only one partnership i know of working is the biggest lco in town. 3owners one owns the lawn maintence. one landscaping. and one irrigation. BUT someone is always selling there share usally about every 3-4 years