1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Part-time Aeration business thoughts..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Viking Aeration, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Viking Aeration

Viking Aeration LawnSite Member

Hi All,

Chris Thomson from Ontario Canada here, I have been thinking of starting up a simple small Part-time Aeration Bsns here, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the Fol areas? ;

1 - Will most likley use a easy transportably Plug Aerator, walk behined. I was thinking of the Plugr? Thoughts? (PS I eed to be able to buy it here in Canada)

2 - Marketing, what have you all found to be a effective way to market this sort of service? (Flyers etc..?)

3 - What should one charge for this type of service? (I am in the Military nd my boss showed me a flyer he got) (that's what got me thinking about doin this) it said "Full power plug lawn aeration $39? Now personally this is a price point I would believe most homs would have no problem accepting! BUT! do you all think it's to low? thoughts?

4 - Not sure but since I'd do this on evenings and Weekends I'd say 1-3 jobs per week consistant I would consider this to be a fairly successful part-time venture? do you all agree? Or do you think one shoul be doing a lot more?

5 - Any other advice? (the only other thing I can think of would be is; I picked this becasue this seems to be 1 very important area of lawn care tha the average person/ Family just DOSEN'T do! Its a pain, they have to rent mchn, which I can assure you 99% don't even bother) so I thought hey, with 1 machine I might fill a void?

6 - Any other advice tips?

thanks very much in avance!
    PS there is only 1 other "Aeration dude" in my City of 150,000. BUT there is about 25-30 listing for lawn/lanscape companies.
    Is there still room for a Aeration Dude!?