1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

part time'ers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PerfiCut L&L, May 30, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Whats been your experiencing hiring part time help? I'm considering trying to pick up some part time help, about 2 days a week for regular maintenance type work, and possible 3-4days a week during large projects probably once a month. Atleast for the first couple months, eventually turning into a full time schedule over 3 months.

I know a lot people want to start off with full time work, but theres got to be people out their only looking for part time work too. Atleast willing to do it knowing eventually it will turn to full time.

Any experience with this? inputs?
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

our experience has been that retired folks will work part time. these folks have lots of wisdom and experience but have tired bones/muscles (also can be very argumentive if you try to teach them something new)

then theres the students. they like part time but most dont like getting dirty and will put a party before there work schedule....not very reliable

i hope you have better luck
  3. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

what would your recommend a good minimum number of hours would be bring on some extra help?
  4. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I work with my neighbor a couple or three days a week I average about 15-20 hrs a week
    Im not retired nor a student I just have an oddball work schedule on my reg job
    Take a look at someone who isnt working a regular 9-5 M-F
    Just my .02