Lawn Care Forum banner

Part Timer Seeking Advice

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sundancekid74 
#1 ·
I already have 10 yards that I serviced this year with aging homeowner equipment. I will keep these and may pick up two or three more plus a few one timers here and there. I need to buy me some new equipment. I know I am going Echo on handhelds but I have not figured out what to do for my main mower. I cant justify a Z, I dont even know if I can justify a $2500 walk behind. What would you do? I used a 15 year old JD tractor this year.

#2 ·
look for used equipment. there are plenty of deals to be found on good used equipment. Look in the local papers, or craigslist. Look daily, great deals pop up from time to time.

#3 ·
Hit up EBay......with the time you save with a nice walkbehind or Zero Turn you can pick up some more accounts and they will pay off your machine in no time

#6 ·
Checkout the Better Quick line of WB's, these are sold factory direct with free shipping. These are super machines (friend has one) and he said the customer support is outstanding. I am starting this spring and have only 1 acct. and I am thinking about paying cash for one.

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com

#7 ·
Oh man... go with used commercial grade for the first couple of years. 36" walk behind along with a 48" walk behind (with velkes). Your gonna have all you can do to make payroll for the next year. $1000.00 will get you both of these and you should be able to upgrade to say hydro of the same model over fall/off season. The used equipment will suffice as a back up or cash on resale towards more used stuff. You should have some 60 to 80 accounts prior to buying anything new. Joe Dirt/Sundance Kid (lawnsite.com)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.