1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Part-timers- How Many Accounts Do You Have

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr mow, May 5, 2006.

1. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

No im talking about true part-timers that have a fulltime 40 hr a week job, same start finish time, mon-fri. how many accounts do you have

2. Mbsausage

Mbsausage LawnSite Member

I'M EMBARASSED TO SAY BUT, ONLY THREE! I HAVE A TON OF LANDSCAPE AND RENOVATION THOUGH

3. mphillips4739

mphillips4739 LawnSite Member

Only one account. It is a real estate company that specializes in bank foreclosures. I typically have 15 to 25 yards at any one time from them, depending on how they are selling. Right know I have 23 that I do every week. I also only mow on the week ends (if it rains then I am screwed).

4. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

I currently have 25 mowing accounts and do landscaping jobs also. I work my full time job anywhere from 48+ hours a week.

5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 15 accounts, 10 during the week, then 5 on Saturday...if it rains I'm screwed......get out at 4:30, come home, change, hook up and go mow...at my first mow at 5, done by 7:30...works for me so far.....it nice wanting to mow, not having to.....if anything big comes up, I call in sick...paid sick days always helps....

6. mr mow

toy2 it sounds like me im an electrician and this is my first year on my own, i used to be third in charge of the largest lawn company in my area 60 guy just in lawn div. then became an electrician dont really care for it no satisfaction in the work and you get laid off quiet a bit, anyways like i said im starting my own this year and have 15 accnts, but the phone has been ringing off the hook i want the jobs but if i get called back to work im screwed, so i have been turning them down(id bet id be at 25 acct. by now). all have contracts

7. mr mow

bump bump

8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i work 56 hrs a week and have 30 accounts, 7 which are commercial

9. mr mow

deep south- are they all neighbors though. you do get about an hour more sun than we do in wisconsin(i know i grew up in dallas/ftworth area). how late do you mow till? you must be a work aholic 56hrs then your "baby" i assume?

10. mr mow

maybe not quiet an hour but 45-50min atleast. just in case anyone wants to correct me