Part timers make me mad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

For all the guys here that are full time in this I respect all of you a ton. I am full time and have been for 4 years. But for the part timers......sorry. I cannot understand how people can say the have respect for part timers. for one they are dipping into my market and lowing my prices. i am soo sick of this it isn't even funny. Why even be a proffesional and run proffesional equip, take the time to know your product and profession if everyone and there brother with a lawnmower is gonna go out and charge less, do a shitty job, and take food out of my mouth? Do any of you full timers feel this way? there is a guy here that works a full time job and cuts and he has nicer equipment than me.....man it gets on my nerves

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

What Bothers Me More is the Know It All Part Timer's...Who Really Know Nothing...Because they Arn't Supporting themselves Solely in the Green Industry....There's a Few on this Site.

3. imalandscper

yuppers....so i know i am gonna be the a$$ on here for a while cause i said it..ohh well..........

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

WOW.. lol I for one can't go full time because i am in highschool now, and next year be in college. What's wrong with making a little extra money? You want me to go to a burger king and work there for 6 somethin an hour? Yea i didn't think so. And for doing a shitty job? I deff don't do a shitty job. Oh yea, i forgot your perfect. My mistake! Get a life...

5. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

Mmmm,
    i see full timers and part timers all around me as well. I understand if someone is working to make it full time that's on thing, but low balling and being part time to boot and not doing a professional job, that's another. I'd be upset at the guy's that do low balling and not want to be like us pro's. we all need to put food on the table and make a living for our family's, but let's make sure we all can do the best that we can for our customers.

respectfully,

Richard/owner

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I agree 100% your making it sound like all part timers are low ballers.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes this thread is going to cause a lot of problems I'm sure. Lots of part timers here. I feel your pain though cause we are full time and do this solely to support ourselves, so I know where you are coming from.

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's get a few things strait here. First of all, last time I checked, this country is not YOUR market. Who died and made you king? I am a full time Firefighter and provide full service lawn care part time. I have nice equipment, charge very competitive prices, licensed and insured, and provide top notch service and quality work. Why are you so jealous? A man works a full time job and a part time job, sounds like he is doing well to me. So what if he has better equipment than you do? Maybe you don't charge enough. Maybe you are a scrub and just don't know it. You are making some pretty big assumptions. If you are having trouble putting food on your table, maybe you should be worried a little more about yourself and less about some part timer. If some part timer is endangering your business, then maybe you are the problem. Maybe your work is not as good as you think, or your prices are too low. Just because you are full time doesn't mean you are more professional.

9. imalandscper

You are gonna tell me to get a life when you are still in high school. no wonder why people do not like the youger generations in thsi industry. you are one of the know it alls and not even out of school yet. Let the pros do this and make a living at it. I brought my market up to present and then another company cut my throat and brought it back 3 years. This industry is getting to be a circus not a proffession.

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you LET another company cut your throat? I think you just like playing the victim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.