1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AK Lawn, Apr 30, 2002.

1. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Where do you guys run your businesses from? i have a shop and keep all of my equipment there, i know that in my state it is illegal to run a business of that sort out of your home, found out the hard way. But how do you guy manage. And i mean in suburban areas, up on hillside and in places where you onw a lot of property it is not illegal. So what do you guys do, and alos how much time per week do you spend in the green industry if you are only part-time?
    AK lawn

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

I keep all of my equipment in my garage and make my wife park in the drive. I don't think its illegal here, unless you are actually making money from other people, i.e repair shop, sales etc. etc.

I work about 20hrs a week not including any extra jobs.

3. corban

corban LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

I keep everything in my parents garage. I have fifteen lawns all within my neigborhood. I can travel one mile and check every single one of them. I work about twenty hours a week between mowing and doing odds and ends for customers. Out of the 15 I have 13 single women (divorced or widowed) so I'm constantly doing things for them. I pull in about $400-$500 a week. If we get a bad storm I get closer to $1,000 a week due to damaged trees.
  4. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

sometimes feels like FULL TIME. If the weather is on my side I can get all 15 lawns done in about 20 hours per week. Depends if I have to double cut some or not.