1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Partial throttle/ Low RPM's

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by tacoma200, Sep 14, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I've always heard that the Lazer is best run at wide open throttle. Many times this is not convenient for me, such as wet grass, mowing tight areas around mulch and flower beds. Any way I run at 1/2 to 2/3 max rpm's to mow at times and get a great cut and a better cut in damp grass. Will this hurt the Kohler 27 or the hydraulics.? I do this mainly in small tight lawns that don't have alot of room to manuever. If it is hard on say the hydraulics is it possible to mount an external cooler. I just don't need a 27 hp Kohlers screaming at high rpms in tight restrictive places. If running low rpm hurts the engine why do LCO's claim to lower the rpm's before you shut if down for a few minutes to cool the engine?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Tacoma200,
    It really shouldn't be a problem unless you notice that you are lugging the engine or hydraulics. If so then you'd need to speed the engine up.

Christie Moore
    Exmark Customer Service Associate
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for your quick reply!